Sunday, January 16, 2005

Unconscious Mutterings


"It's not about what I have done.

But it's about who You are."



Just came home from another hearfelt, touching Sunday service. Inspirational stories from a couple of men from the discipleship program from our church whose lives were completely turned around. They told very sad stories of abuse, family abandonment, suicide, drugs and substance abuse. From the streets of Los angeles and Santa Monica to the doorsteps of people who desperately need help. They offer their lives to helping the church in reaching out and most of all giving their lives for the glory of God.



***


I've been thinking a lot about volunteering for the children's ministry. I would definitely sign up and help out.



***


Just chilling today, watching the Golden Globes. Husband and daughter are at the L.A. Auto Show. I know I should've went along with them but I had this terrible ache all over my body that I just had to rest. Have a big test on Tuesday so I'm studying at the same time.



***


And oh..I bought this Knitting book. I'm so psyched about having to make my own scarf or virtually anything that I could get my hands into. I know it would have been easier to buy it in the store but there's something very fulfilling about making something out of your own hands. A very good sense of satisfaction and of course I can always brag about it if things get really good.



***

I say ... and you think ... ?

Yoda: Star Trek..Star Wars..whatever
Mensa: what the..
Pink: bubbly
Text message: fun
Galactic: Star Wars
Chicks: Yellow
Quesadilla: Cheese
Backpack: Mountain climbing
Socket: Power Surge
Compromise: Marriage

Unconscious Mutterings