Thursday, January 20, 2005

For Good Health


My family and I headed down the park for a little physical acitivity this morning. I have always wanted to take a stroll or jog in the morning but often times my schedule and petty excuses permits me to do so. Sometimes we take our body for granted hoping it will just perform its functions as long as we fuel it with food. But having a physically fit lifestyle is as important as eating healthy. And so there we were, intentionally circling Echo Park. One lap equaled to a 20 minute walk on a 2 mph speed. Not bad.

Then my daughter could not be held by the stroller anymore. She was patiently waiting for her turn to go to the playground. So after one lap of walking with my hubby, I decided to take another round alone. It felt very good knowing that my body has been yearning to be taken out for some form of acitivity. Not that I am a couch potato and sits around all day but walking, running and any kind of movement done intentionally for a specific amount of time and speed burns calories. So walking in the mall doesn't count.

After my second lap, hubby and I switched places. I watched my daughter in the play area and he continued on for a second lap. After that, it was time to feed the ducks. While giving out the bread, Danielle was not intimidated with all the squawking as she tried to pet one particular duck. Our only concern was her falling down the pond because of too much excitement. But then everything was fine. Everyone was happy as we went home for lunch.