Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday Blues


Yesterday's time change was a bit tiring and kind of stressful. A day before Daylight Saving Time (DST), I had it in my mind to turn back the clock even before the the actual transition to avoid having to loose one hour of sleep.

Sunday came and all seemed quite well. Wasn't late for church, and was well prepared for the day. After church though was an unexpected offer to go to camarillo outlet stores. Being a true blue shopaholic, I could not resist the offer and excitedly hunted for good bargains. I however did not realize how late it has been getting. 6pm seemed like early afternoon. As the stores slowly started closing one by one, I realized that the weekend was soon ending. Have to once again face the dreadful Monday blues.

As I came home, I could not wipe this grin on my face. This grin which only shows up on very special occasions, specifically when I have purchased something I've been eyeing. And it was also on sale...

Though I felt ready to call it a day, I still had the strength to drop by my in-laws to greet some expected visitors. It went surprisingly well. Still watching the time, as the minutes inched away. My goal is somehow be in bed before 9pm to make up for the lost hour.

We said our goodbyes and excused myself for an early, early class. As my daughter and I lay between the covers, I looked at the time.....it was 11pm. So much for beating DST.

I woke up this morning with a severe case of grogginess. I didn't like it. I felt robbed. But I still have my grin. So tired, yet so happy.

Lighten up will ya!
1. ...did you have to turn your clocks forward one hour this weekend?Yep.
2. ...what is the price of gasoline?$2.80+
3. ...which natural disasters, if any, do you have to worry about?earthquake
4. ...do you have a local newspaper, and if so, do you subscribe to it?nop
5. ...do you subscribe to a local cable company for television viewing?Direct TV
6. ...what is the speed limit on your road/street?25 mph
7. ...how far do you have to drive to the nearest post office?just around block
8. ...what is the average temperature in April?60-70's degrees F
9. ...what is the average temperature in December?50-60's
10. ...are your four seasons drastically different from one another?not really
Meme from Monday Madness