Friday, March 10, 2006

Weekly Update

It has been a long Tuesday and Thursday for me. It was in those days I had to finally get into an actual nursing care setting as a part of our clinical hours. I had little sleep the night before because I didn't know what to expect. I had very mixed feelings about it. There was a rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins, just itching to get into action. At the same time, I felt very awkward and unsure of myself of what I, as a student, am allowed to do. I also felt very excited and happy about having to experience something for the very first time. Just witnessing the hustle and bustle of nurses, nursing assitants, physical therapists along with all the other staff in and out patient's room is amazing.

All I could say is that...it isn't easy. Nursing is not an easy job considering the huge responsibility a nurse has to her patients. Someone's life is on the line here. His/her life depends on the quality of care a nurse provides. As a student, all I know is what the book says. But theory without the actual performance is nothing. I just hope and pray that I could get through the initial stages of awkwardness, insecurity and unfamiliarity. After that, I can get the ball rolling and just do what I have been preparing to do.




x-x-x-x-x





On a much lighter side, we just went to a fun party at my daughter's school. I'm glad that this Hello program from Blogger is working. It's much easier to upload photos because it can resize it for me. So here are some of the pictures.







1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home