Thursday, September 14, 2006

Stop and smell the roses

A new semester has just begun. The toughest, most grueling one of the three according to prior students because of two major subjects, Medical- Sugical and Pharmacology. I wouldn't be as worried if they only required extensive reading and memorization but there's the dreaded MATH. Like driving, Math is and has always been my Achilles heel. I have struggled with it since highschool, ignored it in college and now it's back with swift and painful retribution which I am ready to face, win or lose.

I'm now in a world of books, painstaking hours in isolation, waking up before everyone else does and hospital duties. I make it sound like a jail sentence but I love it , this is what I chose to do and am fully aware of what I'm taking myself into. If it weren't for the Math part it would have been good. Well that's life. One thing I like is I don't have trouble sleeping. My body is so sleep deprive it feels drugged so whenever 8pm hits I'm out, dead tired. I usually have trouble sleeping before but during time of stress, sleep is the fastest remedy.

My routine right now starts at 5am and usually ends around 3pm. I stay for a couple more hours studying until the libray closes at 8pm. It's actually a good routine because aside from keeping on top of my reading I don't get stuck in traffic.

Starting the day early really requires discipline but once you get a hang of it, it's very beneficial because more things are done plus I can devote at leat 30 minutes to praying and just having quiet time alone in the car at the school parking lot while finishing breakfast. So it basically forces me to live a more balanced life compared to just running around aimlessly. Sometimes I get caught up and forget about nurturing my spiritual well-being and fail to realize that amidst the adversities I am still very fortunate and blessed in a lot of ways.

So thank God for a wonderful life!

13 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger jassy said...

it's better to be busy than do nothing at all.

you're blessed, lucky, and loved by God!

Enjoy life!

 
At 4:40 PM, September 14, 2006, Blogger d3nd3n said...

hi deb! wow, i admire you for setting at least 30 minutes of praying. i guess that's what i need. lately my schedule has been hectic and hurried that i sometimes just utter a quick prayer.

i need to get into a routine of waking up early, having quiet "me" times and regularly going to the gym but it takes a lot of discipline--this where my problems lie.

have a good semester. take care :)

 
At 8:14 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It always feels good to have that quality time for prayer, ain't it? I hope this semester goes well for you. :)

 
At 6:28 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger mildred said...

I salue you for doing those things all at the same time. God is good, Debs! I know He'll always be there for you and your family. Good luck and God bless!

 
At 8:22 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger debbie said...

jassy - that's right. it's tough but at least you're mind is working and is doing something productive! thanks girl! God bless to you and your family as well.

denden - thanks. but it really requires a lot of discipline. i mean a LOT. i wouldn't have made this kind of schedule if not for these classes. it forces me to wake up thus giving me more time for myself.

kai - it really is good for the soul. there's this sense of peace. hope your doing the same too.

mildred - Yup! God IS good! times like these really makes you go back and turn to Him because there's just nowhere else to go. God bless to you as well.

 
At 8:43 PM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh! i also hate math. miraculously, 2 consecutive years in high school, math was a a breeze for coz i had great teachers. after those 2 years, i went back to dreading the subject. once i passed college algebra in the philippines, i vowed never to take it again. so when i got my college transcript evaluated and they had credited algebra, i sighed a BIG sigh of relief. haha.

hope you enjoy the rest of the week =)

 
At 6:10 PM, September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get out and find out the info on Fitness Club to improve your life!

 
At 7:05 AM, September 24, 2006, Blogger macy said...

i too thought nursing didn't have math but what the...ang dami pala! i admire your discipline deb. good luck and God bless.

 
At 10:45 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger QueenZ said...

hi Deb!
Im still struggling whenever I had to get up early in the morning.. I realized that Im not a morning person becoz I'd rather work 12 hour night shifts with no sweat! ^_^
Anyways, Im glad that you're keeping yourself balanced.

 
At 4:31 AM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy huh! exactly thats life, sabi nga nila, "Life is like playing
a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as
one goes on."
Have a cheerful day!

 
At 4:39 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Raquel said...

Eka nga pag walang tyaga, walang nilaga.

Good luck and God bless!

 
At 3:46 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any new entry???
Happy Birthday, sweetie! :)
Muah!

 
At 2:46 AM, October 19, 2006, Blogger HanAgiRL said...

somebody hasn't been posting lately...hehe! where are you girl? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home