Monday, August 21, 2006

I want my own MINI

Sorry for being MIA again. I usually have these dry spells when I just don't have anything interesting to write about or may not be inspired enough to post one up. So I thought, and thought about it. Didn't want to plague anyone with my oh-so-reliable source of emotional and psychological stress (a.k.a inlaws). I wanted it to be about something I'm happy writing, thinking and dreaming of.

Happy thoughts...

Why not write about the MINI.

I have always liked its style, size, unique colors since I saw it here in the US six years ago. Since then, I've kept an eye on it and categorized it as one of my petty, impulsive and fleeting WANTS, never as a NEED. All I wanted was a car. As long as it runs and could take me anywhere, I'm good.

But as time passed my infatuation grew stronger. It was no longer a temporary thing since I still have my eyes set on it regardless of the countless models of cars passing by. Meaning, I still like it.

We're still paying for one of our two cars, so buying a new one right now is not a priority but I have a feeling that it would be my turn to choose our next car (since my husband chose the last one we bought). He was also seriously considering it and would rather have a MINI instead of a toyota Yaris Liftback or Scion XA. I made it clear that all I want is a small car...I mean smaller than your usual compact car. I often joke that it's not a car it's Half a car. But when I learned that the cute little mini is a BMW (See, that's how I knew I really wanted it. It wasn't about the name it's purely about the style. So I wasn't aiming for a B-M-W. I knew maintaining those kind of cars burn holes in your wallet), I knew what it entailed. More cash. So I would have to settle for something more affordable, hence the yaris or XA.

But then a glimmer of hope opened when my husband considered and actually happened to like it as well. So as soon as we get our first priorities done and having our second car paid, I'll have my very own, smallzilla. I'm in no hurry. I'm just itching to get a feel on it. I'm pestering my husband into test driving it one of these days so I'd finally stop imagining how it's like to drive one.

8 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger KAI said...

A mini cooper! My brother always found it cute, as well as Element, 'cuz of their unique style, but I've always had my eyes on a beetle, and just like you, I won't just settle on a toyota or something, haha. That's a longshot dream for me, still. But congrats to you!!! I'm so glad your hubby reconsidered, Yaris is too ugly looking, I'm sorry, haha, and Scion is a lil mommy-ish. Mini is so perfect for you, Deb! (:

 
At 2:57 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger debbie said...

kai:ya i've considered a bug too!, pero ganon din, mahal din..hehe but they're soooo cute!

now a days when they're all into massive SUV's i still l-o-v-e the small cars...maybe because we're not compensating for something huh..hehe

 
At 11:08 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger jassy said...

what does it look like? i do want to have a car someday...i'll settle for vitara...or toyota because it is what's popular here in the philippines.

have a nice day!

 
At 12:32 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger jassy said...

nakita ko na. gusto ko rin nun! :)

 
At 4:52 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger d3nd3n said...

hi deb! the mini is cute but i don't think i'd be comfortable driving a car that small. :)

 
At 9:07 AM, August 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sis Deb, ang kyut nga ng MINI kasing kyut din ng SMART! pareho lang sila ng laman 2 persons hehehe

 
At 9:55 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger debbie said...

jassy: ang cute diba...

den:ya it all depends on the person...mas madaling i-drive kasi..hehe

ethel:but the mini cooper has 4 seaters din...ang cute talaga. :)

 
At 11:11 AM, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, passsing by lang sis. Happy weekend and God Bless...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home