Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back to School

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHo-hum...it's back to school. Two weeks of vacation was way too much for me that I actually get to miss the hustle and bustle of schoolwork. As usual the student-filled halls were the evident signs of a fresh new semester. Students from all size, shape and race roam the hallway. Some figuring out where they're supposed to be, some obviously just trying to pass time.

My schedule starts with a computer class at 9-11 every mondays and wednesdays. It has broken my record of the most boring class mainly because the instructor is an elderly man. He must be at least 70! I feel so sorry for him though, he seems so sweet but someone has to tell him to retire. Man! it takes forever to get to the actual lesson. If it wasn't a requirement to get into California State Univ, I would have bolted out the door in a second.

An early Anthropology class starts off my Tuesdays and Thursdays. Now, this class is so interesting. Scanning the list of reading assignments from the syllabus, makes me want to explore more about the origins of mankind. We don't have to believe in the theory of evolution but since the course revolves mainly around it, we have to know a great deal about this controversial topic.

After the Anthro class is Critical Thinking. I really do not know what to expect out of this course but a lot of reading. Maybe short stories and the likes from famous writers. The instructor is not too bad.

An hour before lunch, I sit everyday in Intermediate Algebra. I have been waiting for this instructor since last year because only he could make math bearable. I could not believe that I not only got an A in his class but I knew what I was doing.

For now I don't have much shoolwork to do. But I can feel it brewing. Like the calmness before the storm. In a few weeks time, I'd be back to burning the midnight oil.



I'm sharing a positive thought that made my day today.


When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift...Thrown away...Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.


Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home