Thursday, August 04, 2005

One Year Ago Today...

I entered the blogging world exactly one year ago. Found out about it from a friend, got curious and tried it out myself. At that point in time I desperately needed an outlet to pour my emotions in to. I still remember how I nervously typed on the keyboard, my heart pounding so hard, as I emptied my heart and soul. I made it look so dramatic though, truth is I was having my customary that-time-of-the-month fit. After that, it felt so darn good. I know it's cliche, but I really felt the weight off my shoulder that I let out a pure, deep sigh.

Although it was easy to write the first time, I had second thoughts on my next post. Anxiousness came over me as thoughts of all the possible ways I could get into trouble if I don't watch what I type haunted my head. The old guarded self came upon me, as it was always there from the very start so I hesitated to make my blog public. The strangers lurking on my blog was the least of my worries, I don't know them, therefore my secrets/thoughts/feelings are safe. Its the people that I know and come in contact with in daily life gave me second thoughts. I knew in my heart that it would someday bite me in the ass. I just know it. There are a few things I am certain about in this world, this is one of them. So I started filtering whatever it is I wanted to write. All the personal details remain bottled up somewhere. But there were times where I badly needed to blog about certain things so I somehow camouflaged it, avoiding details and making it as vague as possible. And it worked! That's why I think, I am still here today blogging myself away.

Here's to a year more of blogging. May yours be as cathartic as mine.Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home