Thursday, March 16, 2006

Deprived of a Good Movie

I have been on a losing streak, in regards to dvds I have recently seen. I don't really expect anything much out of Diane Lane, Debra Messing, even Renee Zelwegger. But Julia Roberts!!! I have loved most if not all of her movies and Closer is just disappointing. Not only was Roberts in it, but Natalie Portman and Jude Law as well. Their acting is great, especially Portman but the story was.... blah. I felt the writer was trying too hard to make it seem as if it were someone's worth their while. It didn't fool me. I knew it would be hard to top Fever Pitch! Movies like that don't come as often anymore...you know, movies that strike a nerve.




My rating: Blah
If you're trying to kill time, or if you're really, really bored, then go ahead and watch. But I guarantee you won't feel any different from the moment you pressed play. It's just another crappy movie.



x-x-x-x-x


This is our second week in the nursing home. I finally have gotten my feet and hands wet. There was a lot more to do this week. A lot more patient contact if you will. I felt so exhausted after, but it was a good kind of exhaustion. It was a sense of accomplishment of some sort. It was good. But I'm definitely going to pursue Pediatrics. People here are humongous, in comparison to us filipinos. As we all know we're petite and short compared to Americans but I always say that Bigger doesn't always mean Better, if you know what I mean. It's just a matter of size, what's important is what's in your heart and mind. I brought this up because I have been getting all these feedback from teachers, classmates and others. They're good feedbacks but it was mostly about my height. About how cute, small and petite I am. One stranger came up to me and said "You're the cutest little nurse I've ever seen!". She said that as if I was a child, a preschooler who's playing dress up with mommy's working clothes. They actually think I'm 16 years old. Well I'm not and I'm there to prove to myself and to them that size doesn't matter*.



*Well sometimes it does especially when physical strength is concerned. But hey we are not always in a wrestling match...

Here's some visuals.The picture from the beach is an old one. I just wanted to post something outdoorsy coz I've been itching to do some nature- tripping or hiking. Or the beach perhaps....