Sunday, October 22, 2006

Family First

Wow...it's been ages since I last posted. As I have said the good old lazy days are over, at least for this semester which is until December. Hopefully it gets better from there. But I'm getting a hang on this hectic schedule, it keeps me alive and busy. Days seem to just flee by the second. Glad I found some spare time to log in today. I needed some time off my books anyway. By the way, I'm not pretending to be all studious but the schoolwork is just insane. If I don't find the time to read each day, I'd be buried in it and would be very hard to pass exams.

Ok. I wanted to blog about Click,an Adam Sandler movie. I don't particularly like him and his acting but he made me look twice on 50 First Dates. That movie just swept me off my feet, made me laugh and cry at the same time. And so I heard that his latest movie made some of my colleagues cry. They assured me it wasn't stupid, like The Waterboy.

I had mixed feelings. Adam Sandler's acting was just bad. It's not like I didn't know what to expect from him but it was kind of inappropriate this time. There were times when his goofiness didn't seem right for some intimate and touchy moments. There was one scene when he was about to die. He was saying his final goodbye to his family, parting with words of wisdom to his children and apologizing to his then ex-wife when he stuck his middle finger up the ex-wife's husband.

But other than that, I thought the story was good. I love the moral lesson because it was truly an eye opener. Never make your job, money, material things more important than family. There will always be promotions. Money can always be earned and things will lose its value but the love of your family is the one thing that will give true happiness. Our loved ones are our most priced possession because without them we'd be rich, fat and divorced, just like Michael from the movie. It's easy to get swept away with all the things the world can offer but it should not stand in the way from showing our love to our family. That's why some rich folks still get depressed and drink their way to death because there would always be a void that money couldn't fill.

And so, as busy as my schedule is, we always find time to cuddle with my daughter, take her to wherever she wants to go and do the things she loves to do because her happiness comes first.

23 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, October 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big 'ol ice cream 4 danielle.......hehehehe

 
At 11:32 PM, October 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! :)

i liked 50 first dates. kahit kababawan lang. nakakatawa pa rin.

here's more hugs between you and your little girl!

 
At 1:49 AM, October 23, 2006, Blogger mildred said...

welcome back!

i love adam sandler, medyo overacting nga lang siya minsan, pero not like jim carrey naman.

belated happy birthday! ;)

 
At 2:22 AM, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! welcome back! :)

I agree, family is very important :)

Let's always thank GOD for our family ;)

 
At 7:53 PM, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...family should come first...i like adam sandler...buti na lang puro comedy yung movie nya...di sya effective sa drama. :)

>>jassy<<

 
At 9:22 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger KAI said...

I don't like him as much, but I've heard so many good things about this movie as well. I'm thinking of renting it, but I needed one more opinion, so thanks! Hehe. It's kinda odd, my latest entry talks about family too, and with a relevance to a recent movie I saw. You should see Little Miss Sunshine, Deb. It's really good. (:

 
At 7:12 PM, November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi debbbie this is shayne did you receive jen's email can I have your email add.


thanks

 
At 9:05 PM, November 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at first i thought it is all crap but towards the end of the movie, i cried like hell. not because adam sandler's acting is moving but the message of what this flick is trying to get through their viewers. i felt the story because it really happens in life esp. for those who wants to get all the comforts quickly just like clicking the fast forward button.

 
At 10:53 PM, November 28, 2006, Blogger KAI said...

Deb, I changed URLs for the nth time. Just updating you.

- http://credless.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:28 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger LhadYmiTcH said...

ellow napadaan lang link ex. tayo?

 
At 9:35 AM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas and happy mew year!

 
At 4:05 AM, December 27, 2006, Blogger jassy said...

happy holidays!

 
At 10:44 PM, December 28, 2006, Blogger Chuck said...

Where did you get the information about really funny?We need more blogs about really funny. really funny is fun.

 
At 12:55 PM, December 30, 2006, Blogger KAI said...

Hi Deb, hope you're having a great holiday season!

 
At 4:16 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aig car insurance
car insurance for woman
car insurance n
aarp car insurance
car insurance comparison
usaa car insurance
classic car insurance
auto cheap insurance
cheap car insurance quote uk
car insurance uk
cheap car insurance quote
instant car insurance quote
car insurance n
aa car insurance
infinity car insurance
cheap car insurance rate
tesco car insurance
best car insurance company
best car insurance quote
best car insurance
classic car insurance
classic car insurance
buy car insurance online
compare car insurance rate
instant car insurance quote
state farm car insurance
car insurance chicago
collector car insurance
car insurance chicago
compare car insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
tesco car insurance

 
At 11:25 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger KAI said...

Whatever happened to this blog, Deb? As Rose's (Titanic) frozen raspy voice would say...Come back, come back!!!!!

 
At 6:47 PM, March 26, 2007, Blogger KAI said...

You seriously need to update, Deb! *makes pouty face* No, seriously!

 
At 6:47 PM, March 26, 2007, Blogger KAI said...

You seriously need to update, Deb! *makes pouty face* No, seriously!

 
At 8:11 AM, April 22, 2007, Blogger KAI said...

DEB! Where the heck are you? Just wanna tell you that I watched one episode of Bravo's new show "Shear Genius" and it was so cool! They like do hair makeovers and stuff. Are you also watching? Dang, you need to update, girl!

 
At 1:07 AM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Laurene said...

hey ate deb. :) how are you? haven't been here for a while. btw, if you have the time, i hope you answer my questionnaire naman.

http://chlorinebee.blogspot.com/2007/03/blog-questionnaire.html

thanks! :) and tag me or contact me if you answered already and i'll go check it out din. :)

thanks!

 
At 1:04 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger Raquel said...

Hi Debbie, just passing by. Kumusta na schooling mo?

 
At 4:45 AM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Laurene said...

ate... where are youuu...

 
At 7:48 AM, March 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love 50 1st dates though hindi naman ako naiyak ng sobra dun.. may OK pa yung CLICK na movie ni adam sandler dun talaga ako humagulgol.. promise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home