Wednesday, February 09, 2005

For the love of Humanities


Summer of 2004 I had the privilege to be at a class which I have never in my entire life thought would spark something inside of me. It was just a humanities class that I was supposed to get just so to fulfill a mandatory requirement of the college. No, it wasn't any ordinary class and it definitely wasn't any ordinary teacher. He ignited a passion within and gave me a whole new appreciation for humankind's civilation, history and the arts.



Mr. Tropf is truly a dedicated teacher and last night I was decided to let him know. I still had his email which was saved in my yahoo address book for any questions or notifications us students have during the course of his class.



I politely greeted and informed him that I was one of his former students. I then told him that I was looking forward to attending more of his classes but was saddened to find out that he would not be available to teach the said course this semester. Lastly, I thanked him for being such a devoted mentor and without a doubt hit the send button.



I never really expected anything out of it. I was even sure that it might just as well bounce back in my inbox and reply as a mailer-daemon error of some sort. He probably changed his email address or perhaps deactivated his internet provider.



In a matter of minutes I had a reply. It wasn't a mailer daemon.

From: "Ralph Tropf" <***@earthlink.net>
To: "deb sev"
Subject: RE: Hello
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:45:13 -00


Hi, Debbie


Yes, I was supposed to teach Humanities 002, but at the last minute they needed me to teach English 28 instead. So I am teaching that class on Friday mornings from 9:00 AM to 12:10 at Trade and Tech.

I will be teaching Humanities 001 again at Trade and Tech Summer session. Then, I will be teaching Humanities 31 at Pierce College in the fall, 2005. Humanities 31 is about modern art. If you are interested and you want to go all the way out to Pierce College in Tarzana, you can take that class.

Art History is just about painting and sculpture. You could also take Humanities 02 with another teacher. There are several sections offered.

Thank you for your kind words. Good luck with your college courses.




I now know what to do after BSN. Study some more.
So much to learn, so little time.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home