Wednesday, April 06, 2005

So long Nick & Jess

"Is this chicken or is this fish? I know its tuna.
But it says chicken by the sea."

-Jessica Simpson


As I was doing my daily rounds of blog hopping and reading, I saw Ms. Kai's recent entry about the finale of MTV's reality show, Newlyweds, starring Nick Lachey & Jessica Simpson. There's something about these two that makes you glued on the TV. and keeps you wanting for more. I don’t know, but for me it would be Jessica's cute and glamorous everyday get-up, Nick's patience and their amazing chemistry on screen.

I remember this one episode about their trip to Louis Vuitton to get a bag for their little dog, Daisy. Nick nonchalantly commented on how ironic it is that the bag was more expensive than the actual dog. Something like that, or so from what I remembered. With everything they have going, I find them more sensible and practical (especially Nick) than any other celebrity (not that I know all the others). They seem to portray an ordinary, all-American couple, with a lot of money of course but still somehow manage to keep it real.

I don't regularly watch it on a Wednesday but I make it a point to catch the reruns. Aww...I will surely miss these cute, quirky, down to earth, romantic pair. Hope this wouldn't be the end of them.