Thursday, April 13, 2006

Freaky Wednesday

Yesterday started off like any other day. My daughter and I went to laze around my mother's house which we usually do on our time off. My mom went to work at 3pm. We took a nap around that time too and were awakened by a call around 4pm. No one seemed to be on the other line so I hung up not suspecting anything out of it.

But then the phone rang. It rang and rang with mere silence on the other end. Whoever it was, or whatever it was it did the same thing, calling and not answering for 6 or 7 times. I told my grandma about it and we both got concerned. It was either a long distance call which coud not seem to connect or simply a prank call.

My dad who usually comes around 6pm wasn't home yet. Looking at the time it was half past 8pm. I frantically looked for my dad's cell number. Although I was crying inside I remained calm, reassuring myself that he's just stuck in traffic. My lola made it even worse when she reminded me of the calls we were getting earlier. We knew that it could potentially be a sign of something bad about to happen.

I didn't stop searching for the number until I got through my dad's cell and was so relieved to hear his voice. The traffic was the reason for his delay and was on his way home. Whew! That was a relief. My heart was pounding so hard the whole time because the phone calls were so weird. It was something out of a horror film.

Everything was calm and was back to normal when we headed home. As soon as we got home we prepared ourselves for bed when the phone rang...AGAIN!. I hesitantly picked it up hoping someone is on the other line.

Guess what, no one answered again. I looked at my husband and stared at him in disbelief. He was mocking me and was joking around, I told him I am not amused about the whole thing.

I dialed *69 to know who that caller was. It was busy. We waited for a couple of minutes because I really had to know. I let my husband call this time because at this point I am terrified. He dialed and promptly told me that it was ringing. Someone picked it up, then he said no one answered.

We haven't spoken about that today. Maybe he got spooked out as well but it wasn't the same if you were the one who answered those 6 or 7 calls. I was the one who listened to the eery silence on the other line.

I still have not recovered from the calls. Typing this post still gives me goosebumps. Last night I slept with one eye shut praying not to receive any bad news from someone close to us.

So far no calls. No bad news. Thank God.

As crazy and as strange as it may sound, whether it was pure coincidence or not, it happened and it is not at all funny. I've been constantly looking behind my shoulder since yesterday. I'm trying so hard to shake it off but whenever the phone rings I jump.

Okay. I've got to get a hold of myself.
It's just coincidence. It's just coincicence.
I hope.

4 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://trggwfat.com/soum/ybpz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jxecjmsb.com/bgpi/pikq.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:01 PM, November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:01 PM, November 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://trggwfat.com/soum/ybpz.html | http://lqzwcger.com/ejgk/kell.html

 
At 11:43 AM, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home