Saturday, April 22, 2006

Taming the Fashion Beast Within

Our week and a half long vacation was extended to another week when our instructor called in sick. She had to cancel 3 days of our class including clinicals which was of course in favor to all but her. When someone told us about the news, it was hard not to crack a smile brought about by unexpressed joy and freedom.

Well we really didn't go anywhere different from where we are now. No roadtrips or adventurous outings, just family bonding not far away from home. It was nice and inexpensive. The past year has been a lot of gastos from basic home necessities to personal pleasures that I felt the need to slow down unimportant spendings. I don't want to get things out of control and suffer the consequences in the future. I'm so proud to have conquered my shopping urges for years now. When I was single, I used to just splurge all out on clothes and accessories. But having a family of my own, made me prioritize.

I still and would always love fashion with all the matching accessories and kikay stuffs that go along with it but I don't succumb to buying everytime we go in the mall. Most of them aren't being used as much as I'd like it to be anyway. So why am I spending tons of money to support this habit? It just clicked inside my head. Not sure why though...whether it was brought about by having my own family or just something that I developed as I matured. Either or, it was a good kind of change.

I still manage to buy a little here and there but not as frequent and careless as before. I am proud to say that I have tamed the fashion beast in me.

It's simple.

If we can just realize how quickly fashion starts and ends, without giving us the chance to make the most out of well spent clothes.

Realize that it is a business. People are getting paid millions of money to start a trend. Models, actors, the media all play a role in it. The gullible, sometimes wannabee's who splurge on every single new trend out in the marke are the ones who puts the food on their table. Well more than food. Mansions, ridiculous extravagant shopping sprees, cars.....the whole enchilada.

Go for versatile pieces. The ones that are trendy yet affordable but would more likely still look good even after the trend ends. Clothes that are unique may look cute for only a period of time but may soon look weird when fashion changes it mind yet again.

Stick to neutral colors. Bright, shocking colors are nice and bubbly but aren't always in. They come and go as they please. I go for earthy colors. Browns, beige, and grey are my faves. I believe that they can never go wrong or baduy because of their neutral vibe. But of course this all depends on one's own fashion sense. Some people realy like bright and friendly colors. All I'm saying is that it's hard to pair them with the rest of your wardrobe maybe because it stands out too much.

Same goes with shoes. The basic black and brown are always a must. The style and shape of the shoes are hard to predict whether they'd be versatile enough. I tend to buy ones that look sexy yet comfortable. Looking hot and sexy on 4 inch stylettos are so not worth the pain I feel when I start strolling down the mall running after my 4 year old or just aimlessly wandering with my family. Some shoes are just not made for walking. I prefer comfy yet chic.

Other people's fashion sense and nonsense is really not my business. I'm simply sharing the ones that have set me free from the tight grip of fashion trends. It just pains me to see upscale, socialites feasting on first class amenities on normal, hardworking citizens'expense.

I feel like I'm about to break into a song or a speech. Nevertheless, it was good to belt this out in the open because I know it's what most women can relate to.

These are pictures from the park not too long ago. We went out to feed the ducks and birds which became sort of a ritual.


Enjoy life's simple pleasures



*Just one favor...can you guys give me feedback on whether the pictures above can be conveniently enlarged whenever clicked on. Thanks!

5 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a affiliate free stuff
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 4:32 AM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a affiliate free stuff
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 4:32 AM, July 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a affiliate free stuff
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 5:38 PM, February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! 2007 gmc yukon dog crates Video conferencing room rental Water bed description web development studio

 
At 7:08 AM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! rhinoplasty california Black dating online site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home