Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wishful thinking

It's not quite summer yet but it sure feels like it already. The weather has been hitting the 80's lately so everyone in my family is on the nosebleed and itching alert especially my daughter. If they're bodies can barely take the heat over hear, how much more in the Philippines? Gosh. I can't even begin to imagine the agony they're going to experience the minute they set foot on Philippine soil breathing, and sweating in it too. We'll just have to see. I'm more concerned about my daughter. I hope she won't get sick too often due to the weather change. Nevermind the itch or the nosebleed, I just don't want her to get a fever or a stomach flu or something really serious. That's why I couldn't afford to take her when she was little. Now that she's a big girl, I think she her body can handle it pretty well.

We're not really planning to go to the Philippines anytime soon. Just wishful thinking. There's so much to look forward to on that day when I finally come back home with my family. So much things I'd like them to see, to do and maybe to eat too. It's nice to share something a part of your life they have not seen yet. My friends, my schools, the church, the place where I was born and where I grew up. Just our house alone is filled with childhood memories.

And after all the reflecting, I would really want to go to the beaches, and hopefully a province. When I was growing up, my parents weren't the adventurous type so we rarely go on outings. It was basically Tagaytay, Baguio, La Union (to visit my grandma's relatives), Subic. I would want to go far out like in Bohol, Cebu, Palawan(although I think I dare not go there for fear of Muslims? but it's such a nice place!), where else, ooohh Vigan! I saw these beautiful pictures of historic streets and houses in Vigan. No idea how to get there but I'll find a way.
I probably won't be able to go to all of these but I'd be very happy to experience at least one. Well boracay is a sure thing, the rest is still to be arranged.
Ahhh! all the wishful thinking is killing me!

There are beaches here but it's nothing compared to our beaches. What we have back home is paradise! I have yet to see paradise-like resorts over here. They may have it, but it's very pricey and you still have to travel a whole lot to get there.

So for the meantime, we'll get settled for something less paradise-like. My daughter has no problem with that at all. All she needs is a water-filled pool and a life vest and she's good to go. It's a paradise all in itself.




Happy Weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home