Monday, June 05, 2006

mornings at IKEA

For almost three consecutive mornings my husband and I have been eating breakfast at IKEA. It's a Swedish furniture store where you can buy all things for the home at a very affordable price. The catch is though, you gotta install it yourself. Yup, that's the catch. But you really wouldn't mind doing it as soon as you see the prices and compare it with others. Quality wise, uhmmm not really good either. Let's just say it's good for apartment owners because it's affordable and replaceable. Then as you move in to your dream house, splurge on the really good stuff, in terms of quality. But I must say their designs are nice, modern, practical, space savers and convenient.

They also sell swedish food like cookies, meatballs, jellies etc. etc.


Ok, we weren't there for furniture but for food. My mom told me they sell 99-cent breakfasts and the rest of the menu aren't bad either. We checked it out and for sure we weren't disappointed. We usually eat their fat-free yogurts, hotdogs, y'know..snacks but haven't really tried lunch menus.

Their breakfast had eggs, bacon, and a side of potatoes, not bad for 99 cents right? My husband had the same thing and added an egg burrito. Then I also tried the pancakes. All in all including coffee(which was refillable) and juice(also refillable) it was about 5 bucks...not bad at all. My husband was like.."this is the cheapest breakfast we have ever had".

Needless to say, we were stuffed. I couldn't even finish mine so we had it to-go.
It was a pleasant way to spend mornings with your significant other, relaxing, talking and getting stress-filled days out of your system.